Thursday, September 29, 2011

Farewell South Africa

I’m leaving South Africa. I have many mixed emotions based on this fact. I had the most amazing time here, it’s something I will never forget.  Even though there were many rough times, I can easily say this really was one  of the best time of my life. I learned a lot, about myself and about others. The culture of Africa is so beautiful and the life here is amazing. It’s one of those places that keeps others coming back for more. Something about the culture, people and land is so intriguing and beautiful. I can't completely explain the magic that is Africa. So majestic, vivid, real and raw.

It’s amazing how much you learn about yourself and about others while living in a different country and how much you get to experience in such a short time. I can’t even describe how grateful I am for these times here. Tears are coming to my eyes now as I’m thinking of the past seven months. The friendships and the life that I have built here will be hard to leave, but I’m also excited to return to my life back home.  I’ve given so much of myself here, so much time and effort I can’t leave it without it affecting me.  I’ve given all of myself, and that’s hard to break away from, but it was worth it. Worth  the hard times, the money, the loneliness.   It was worth giving up my job for, and if I could do it all over again I would..

It’s time for me to say Goodbye to Africa, this wonderful country that I got the privilege to live in. Thank you for having me, I will never forget this place.  God bless you Africa!! 

1 comment:

  1. You have so many mixed emotions about leaving S.A. Understandable given all the amazing adventures you have had there. We hope that the joy and excitement we feel at having you safely home will help you in your transition. See you in two days! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete