Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gone Overseas and It's Brought Me To My Knees

Gone Overseas and It’s Brought Me To My Knees

Gone overseas and it’s brought me to my knees,
Seen so  much hurting it’s really unnerving

Children living in shacks, poor mothers without any cash.
Drunk dads who mistreat and beat.
When parent’s drink the innocence of children shrink.
From one touch they grow up knowing too much

I know there is more to life because  Jesus paid the price.
He was the ultimate sacrifice.

She was walking alone and it wasn’t her choice, nobody could hear her voice.
Now she feels defiled and is about to have a child

He’s been around town and women think he’s a clown
Now he had HIV and feels he will never be free

The world had pain but it’s not in vain.
We nailed him to the cross to pay our cost.
A world that doesn’t care is not fair but regardless of what has been done,
His love will reach above.

All alone she gives birth feeling no self worth.
How can she care or her daughter when there is no father?
Without thinking twice she leaves her child alone with the mice.
Another unwanted kid who had to live and learn to forgive.


Disrespected and alone with no love shown, her wishes don’t matter when her husband's forcing  kisses
He shows her his power in the night hour
She hides her fright knowing what is going to happen tonight.


Jesus knows about pain because he was beaten to shame.
Rejected and alone he bled and hurt because of our dirt.
His blood cleanses away our mud.
He brings hope to help us cope.
He cares when nobody else dares
In our pain his love can be gained.

There is nothing to hid when we stand by his side.
His hands were pierced with nails, his love will never fail.
Grace covers our face regardless of how we’ve been a disgrace.

I fall on my knees saying please, show me how to love the way you’ve loved me.

I’ve gone overseas only to be brought to my knees.

Ashlee

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing poem! You have an enviable way of expressing your feelings through the written word. I feel that I able to experience your adventures right along with you. Keep up the good work. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ash, that is a powerful poem! Glad to hear that God is not only working through you, but in you as well. Keep running the good race! Matthew 5:14-16

    ReplyDelete
  3. They Ashlee, we know you on your trip, but we hope you can connect soon (FaceBook, this Blog, email, cellular, smoke signals) and give us all an update! Dad (aka Alan)

    ReplyDelete